How to create Hotmail account?
Creating a Hotmail account is very simple and will just take a few minutes. You will have to fill in a detailed form that would ask you a few personal questions, security info and a verification code after which you will be allowed to create your new Microsoft Hotmail account. The account creation process is as follows.
- Visit the hotmail.com or www.outlook.com page using your favorite web browser.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft Create an Account page. You will find a pre-defined form in this page that you need to fill to create a new Hotmail account.
- The first entry you need to make in this form is your last and first name. There will be two types’ boxes for entering these details. Key the first and last name correctly in their respective boxes.
- The next portion to fill will be the username or your email address and your Hotmail password.
- The first option is for the username and you will have to opt for the @hotmail.com domain as you are looking to create a Hotmail account. The username can be anything that you like. Type them in the space provided. If the name has already been taken up, then Microsoft will prompt you to key in another user name.
- The next option is for the password. Key in a strong password that includes alpha numbers and special characters so that it cannot be hacked easily. The password must have a minimum of 8 characters and it is also case sensitive.
- There will be another type box to reenter your password just below the password option. Key in the same password in this box as well.
- Now you will be asked to enter a few personal details like country or region, zip code, birth details (month, date and year) and gender. Make sure that you key in all the correct information in these fields.
- The next few fields you come across will be entries that will help in protecting your info and to keep your account secure. The first field will be to choose your country code from the drop down menu list.
- After this, you will be asked to key in your phone number that you are using currently. Enter it correctly in the space provided.
- After entering your phone number, you should enter your alternate email address in the next type box. Microsoft will be contacting you on your phone or alternate email address if you want to change or reset your password.
- To make sure that you are a real person and not a robot looking to create an account, Hotmail will be providing you with CAPTCHA code on the sign up page. You will have to enter the characters of this code correctly in the space provided. You can press on the ‘New’ option to refresh the characters or even click on the audio button to listen as to what characters are on the screen.
- After entering the correct CAPTCHA characters, you need to click on the ‘create an account’ option to complete the Hotmail account creation process.
Once done, you can visit the Hotmail sign in page and enter your username and password in the type boxes and then sign in to your Hotmail inbox.
Hotmail is a popular web based email service and the first ever email service. It has been in operation for more than 2 decades and has millions and millions of users from all over the globe. Hotmail is the easiest way to communicate and share messages, documents, photos, images, links, and videos with friends, family, contacts and businesses. All you need is an internet connection and a computer or a Smartphone or a tablet to communicate with your near and dear ones, no matter which part of the world they are. Hotmail has now become far more advanced and has changed to outlook.com. It is owned by Microsoft and with your Hotmail email account; you can now access any of the Microsoft services like Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive, Bing, Microsoft Office Suite, etc. If you do not have a Hotmail account and want to create an account to enjoy all services offered by Microsoft, then you can follow this step-by-step guide to creating a new Hotmail email account.