Hotmail account creation
The steps involved in creating a new Hotmail account are as follows.
- At first, you need to open a new web browser window and type hotmail.com in the address bar.
- You will be directed to the outlook.com sign in page.
- You should choose the option “No account? Create one!” under the ‘next’ option in blue.
- You will immediately be taken to the Crete an Account page for Microsoft.
- The first entry that you need to make in the account creation form is the first and the last name. This is the name that will be seen by your friends, co-workers and other contacts looking to send you emails through Hotmail.
- After these two fields, move the mouse pointer inside the box under username option and click. Here, you need to type in your new email address that you would like to open on Hotmail. Type in a name that is unique and not used so far. Then, choose the @hotmail.com option from the drop–down list.
- Move the mouse pointer to the next type field and this is the place to key in a secure and strong password. Make certain that your password is having a minimum of 8 characters.
- After entering a strong password, you will be asked to once again key in the same password in the type box under the reenter password option.
- After giving your username and password, it is now time to fill in certain personal information. You will be asked to choose from the drop-down list your country/region, birth date with the month and year, and gender in the three fields below the password option. Make sure you choose the correct options.
- In order to keep your new account secure and to provide security for the personal information you have given Microsoft, you will be asked to enter your country code, phone number and an alternate email address in the subsequent type fields. The phone number and the email address will be very useful to you when it comes to recovery or resetting of your password.
- The next type field is where you should enter the code or characters that you see on the screen. This is needed to prove that you are a human trying to open a Hotmail account.
- If you are not able to see the code properly, click on the new option next to the code to get another code. You can even request to listen to the code by pressing the audio option.
- After you have entered all the fields correctly, click on the ‘create account’ at the bottom of the page to complete the Hotmail account creation process.
You will be taken to the Hotmail inbox page. This is where you will be able to compose new emails, read messages from your contacts and so on.
Login to Hotmail
The following is the detailed procedure on how to login to Hotmail email account.
- Open your favorite web browser and type hotmail.com or www.outlook.com on the address bar.
- You will be transferred to the outlook.com sign in page.
- Enter your username in the type box you see on the screen. You will have to enter your full email address ending with @hotmail.com domain in the type box. After this, click on the next button.
- The next page is where you will be asked to enter your password. Check if the caps lock is not turned on when keying the password in the type field.
- After you have entered your password, click on the ‘sign in’ button in blue color to get access to your Hotmail inbox. You can now send emails and check the unread messages.
Keep me signed in option
You would notice the ‘keep me signed in’ option whenever you made an attempt to sign in to Hotmail. This option is seen just under the password type box. If you activate this feature, then you do not need to enter your email address and password every time you log into Hotmail account. This is a very useful option if you are accessing your Hotmail inbox from your private computer and no one else will be using this computer. It is advised that you do not activate this feature when you are using a shared computer to access your Hotmail email account. It is very important that you do not activate the keep me signed in option when you are using a public computer. If you do this, then the very next person using the computer to access Hotmail can get access to your account, even if you have logged out of your account.
- Visit the hotmail.com sign in page from your web browser.
- On this page, enter your email address and then click next.
- On the next page, you need to enter your password for the email address and then tick the checkbox just under the password type box. This way you will activate the ‘keep me signed in’ option.
- Now, press on the sign in button and complete your email work and close the Hotmail inbox page.
- The next time you type the hotmail.com address in your web browser and press the ‘enter’ key, you will automatically be taken to the Hotmail inbox without asking for your username and password.
Hotmail 2-step verification sign in
If you are looking to protect your Hotmail email login details as well as prevent hackers from accessing any of your personal information, then you should activate the two-step verification process. Once you have activated this, there will be two stages of Hotmail email account login that you need to fulfill to get into your inbox. Apart fro the normal entry of username and password, you will need to enter a secret code that Hotmail sends you on your mobile phone or alternate email address. Only after entering this code and only if it is correct will you gain access to your inbox. The following is the procedure to sign into Hotmail using 2-step verification.
- Open a web browser window and visit hotmail.com website.
- On the sign in page, enter your email address and click next option.
- The next page is where you enter your Hotmail email password.
- Once you complete these two fields, you will be asked to enter the verification code that is sent to your mobile phone or email address.
- Get this code and enter it correctly in the space provided for the code and then click on ‘sign in’ option to access the Hotmail inbox.
Hotmail has now changed to outlook.com. If you want to access your Hotmail emails, you will now be diverted to the outlook.com sign in page when you try to access the Hotmail website using your web browser. If you are worried that you do not find Hotmail anymore on the internet, and then you will be happy to know that it has been integrated into Outlook.com.Through the outlook sign in, you will be able to access your Hotmail emails and inbox. This is not all. Microsoft gives you the option of even creating a new Hotmail email account through outlook.com. This is great news for everyone looking to open the classic Hotmail email account. Before you are taught the process of signing into Hotmail, let us first know how to create a new Hotmail account through outlook.com.