You cannot use your Hotmail email address by visiting www.hotmail.com you will be directed to https://login.live.com/ for the login process. You can use your Microsoft account to sign in to your Hotmail account. You need to enter your username for your Microsoft or Hotmail account and the password for your account in the fields provided on the login page. After entering the username and password you need to click on the sign-in field to gain access to the account.
Tips for secure login
- To make the sign in process secure you need to follow certain tips while accessing the Hotmail account. You should not use any links from emails and newsletters to do the login. Always type the URL in the search area of your browser. You can use the URLs hotmail.com or www.outlook.com to access your Hotmail inbox.
- Changing your password for the email account once in a while help to keep the email account safe. You can also set the password to automatically expire after every 72 days. You can use the manage password option to set the expiry period of your password.
- Use Single-use code to sign in to your Hotmail account if you have to use the public computers to access the account. You can request for the single-use code to be sent to your registered Hotmail account mobile number. There is no limit for requesting the code, but one code can be used only for single sign on.
- Make sure that you provide your phone number while creating Hotmail or Microsoft account so that you will be able to recover the lost Hotmail account easily. If you want to reset your password then you will receive a recovery code for your account on your mobile from Microsoft. You will be able to reset the password and recover your account using this code.
- You can create as much alternative email address as you need for different purpose. Hence, your personal and business mail address will be separated and offers more security to the personal data and office data.
- Do not entertain any emails which ask for your credentials or mail password claiming that it is coming from Microsoft or Hotmail. No mail services will ask for any such details through the mail.
If you are unable to login to your Hotmail account, you can also look for Hotmail support for troubleshooting. These tips will keep your account safe and accessible. Setting up Hotmail recovery code will be greatly helpful in order to regain access to the account. When you are using email services, you may have to face certain problems in accessing the account. The common problems being forgotten login password or hacked email account. Hence, you need to protect the account when you create the account. Here are the easy to steps to set up the recovery code.
- Login to the Hotmail or Microsoft account, you have.
- Click on “gear icon” and then the “options”.
- Under the “managing your account” column you will be able to see “account details” option. Click on this.
- Select the security password.
- Confirm the verification by giving entering the code provided or using an alternative email ID. Click “Next”.
- A verification code will be given to you. Enter this code on the next page and click on “submit” button.
- You will reach the “protect your account” page.
- Click on the recovery code in the page. You will receive the recovery code.
Keep this code secure. This is the key to your Hotmail account and this should not reach into the hands of others.
There are thousands of Hotmail users out there who still use this email domain to access their emails, though Hotmail accounts have been moved to outlook.com by Microsoft. We use the email accounts for communication purpose as well as storage of various documents in the form of attachments. But emails are subjected to hacking and phishing mainly due to the ignorance of the users. This can lead to the loss of email accounts and the personal information stored in your mail account. Here is the procedure to do Hotmail login and the tips to access it safely.