With so many features on offer, there is no doubt that the new Hotmail offers the best emailing features that any web-based email service offers. If you are looking to create a new Hotmail account, then read on to know the steps involved in creating the Hotmail account.
How to create a Hotmail account?
The following is the step by step procedure to create a Hotmail account successfully. It will just take a few minutes to complete the Hotmail account creation process.
- Open any web browser that you use and type hotmail.com in the address bar.
- You find that you are directed to the outlook.com sign in page. This is the page through which you can create a Hotmail account now.
- Locate the sign up or create account option at the bottom of the outlook.com sign in page. Click on this option.
- You are taken to the Microsoft one account creation page. Here, you will find a detailed form on your screen that you need to fill. The form asks for your personal information, the new username and the password. Filling all the particulars needed correctly will help you to sign up for a new Hotmail account.
- The first type field that you see on the top of the sign up page is the first and the last name. Enter your first and the last name correctly in the space provided and then move on to the next field.
- The next information that you need to type is the username for your new Hotmail account. It is important that you choose a unique username that is not so far used in Hotmail. If the username that you type is already used by someone else, you will get a notification from Microsoft to try another username, or to choose any one of the suggested usernames that you would see on the screen.
- After you have either chosen a suggested username or keyed in one that is unique, you need to switch to the next option close to the username. There will be a drop down list in this box and you should opt for the @hotmail.com option as you want to create a new Hotmail account and not an outlook account.
- After this, move on to the next type field. This is an important field like the username and this is where you enter your Hotmail password. The password is case-sensitive and must be at least 8 characters long. Key in a password that is quite strong. It is better to use a password that has a combination of uppercase and lowercase alphabets, numbers and special characters.
- After you have entered a reasonably strong password, press the tab option and you will be taken to a field where you need to re-enter the password. Make sure that you key in the password exactly the same way that you had in the earlier field box.
- The next field is to choose the country/region where you are based at. You can choose the name of the country by clicking on the drop down icon inside the box. Choose the respective country and then move on to the next field.
- After the country, it is now time to choose your birth date details like birthday, month and the year of birth. All these fields can be chosen from the drop down list.
- The next field is to choose the gender option. This also can be chosen using the drop down list.
- After you have keyed in all the personal details, it is now time to protect the info by providing information in the following two fields.
- The first field under the ‘help us protect your info’ option is the country code of your region. You can choose the code from the drop down menu list against your country’s name.
- The next field is where you need to enter your phone number. This will be followed by your alternate email address. Make sure that you key in the correct details in these two fields as they will come in very handy when you lose your password or have trouble logging into your Hotmail account.
- The next field is also an important one. You will be seeing a few characters displayed on the screen. It will be a code. You will have to enter this code in the space provided. If by any chance, you are not able to catch the code clearly, you have the option of getting the audio version of the code. If still, you have trouble identifying the code, you can choose a new code by clicking the new option. You will have to enter the characters correctly in the space provided to move forward with the Sign Up process. This process is to prove that you are a human being and not a robot looking to sign up for a new Microsoft Hotmail account.
- Finally, tick the check box next to ‘send me promotional offers from Microsoft”. You have the option to unsubscribe to this offer any time you want.
- After you have finished filling all the required information, go to the top of the account sign up page and see if all the type fields are filled. If there is something is missing, please make the correct entry and then move down to the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click on the ‘create account’ option seen at the bottom of the page to complete your Hotmail account creation process.
You will be taken to your Hotmail inbox. Now, you can start to compose message. After you have signed out of your Hotmail inbox, the next time you want to visit your Hotmail inbox, you will have to typewww.hotmail.com in the address bar of your web browser. You will be taken to the outlook sign in page. Enter the Hotmail email address and the password respectively in the two type fields and click on the sign-in option to get into Hotmail inbox.
If you are from the older generation, then you will know that Hotmail is the oldest and the most popular free web-based email service provider on the World Wide Web. Hotmail has been offering quality email service for its clients for over 20 years. It was acquired by Microsoft in 1996 and from then on Hotmail has seen plenty of changes in its name as well as the features offered. At present, you will not find the Hotmail website on the web. Whenever you type www.hotmail.com, you will find that you are directed to the outlook.com sign in/ sign up page. This is because Hotmail is not offered by Microsoft anymore and now it has changed it to outlook.com. The new Outlook offers a host of features that can give all the other popular free email services offered online a good run for its money. Microsoft has not done away with Hotmail. Anyone interested in creating a Hotmail account now can do so through the outlook.com sign in page. Let’s take a look at what the new outlook.com offers.
Outlook.com comes with plenty of features that make it a popular email service. This free personal email service from Microsoft has millions and millions of users using the service every day from all over the globe. The users using Microsoft or Hotmail username and password to log into their respective email accounts will access the new interface. The new features added to the Outlook are centered on offering the best web email experience for its users.
- The clutter feature will sort out the messages that you do not read or ignore and they will be sorted out to a new folder. This will make your inbox, look neat and clean.
- The search feature in the new Hotmail has been revamped. Now, search suggestions will get automatically displayed when you type just a few letters of names or email addresses of people you email frequently.
- You can refine your search to certain folders, files, attachments or dates with the help of the refiners feature.
- There is an update on the Skype integration on the new Hotmail so that you can make calls to your contacts easily. There is also an option to schedule calls. You can make video calls through Skype from the outlook inbox.
- There is also an option to quickly insert emojis in your messages.
- You can connect with social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., right from your inbox.
- All your email accounts can be accessed in one place through outlook.com.
- There are very few ads or no annoying ads that you will encounter when using the outlook.com email service.
- All the incoming and the outgoing messages are scanned for viruses. It will block the images and restrict downloads from email addresses that it is unfamiliar with.
- You can use the sweep function to delete or keep the messages out of the inbox before it arrives.
- There is a button in outlook that can sendss unsubscribe notice to any of the newsletters that you receive on your email address.
- You have the option to separate and sort out the emails you receive based on the sender’s address or words that you find in an email. You can also separate emails into groups like work, family, promotions, fun, club mates, etc.