Steps to Hotmail sign in
The fist thing you need to understand before attempting to sign into Hotmail is that this email service has now been changed to outlook.com. Even though it is changed, old users of Hotmail can still sign in using their Hotmail credentials. Even Microsoft allows you to create a Hotmail account or an MSN account through the outlook.com service. Also, with this single Hotmail account, you can now access all the services offered by Microsoft on the web like OneDrive, Bing, Skype, Xbox Live, etc.
- Visit the Hotmail main page website by typing hotmail.com or clicking on this link www.outlook.com.
- You will be directed to the sign in or sign up page of the Outlook.com.
- In the first type box you see on the screen, you need to type in your username or email address which will be email@example.com.
- Once you have completed filling the username, the cursor has to be moved on to the next type box. This is the place to enter your password.
- Make sure you enter the password and the username exactly the same that you had used to create the Hotmail account. If one character is wrongly typed or arranged, Hotmail inbox access will be disallowed.
- Once both fields are keyed in properly, click on the sign in option and you will be directed to your Hotmail inbox.
Keep me signed in option
If you are a person not having time to key in your username every time you want to access emails, then you can opt for the keep me signed in option. This feature will free the user from entering the username every time he uses his personal computer to access Hotmail.
- Go to the hotmail.com sign in page and enter your username and password in the respective type boxes.
- The next thing to do is to tick the box next to the keep me signed in option.
- Then click on the sign in option. This way the ‘keep me signed in’ option gets activated.
- After logging out from your Hotmail account, visit the Hotmail sign in page once again.
- Now you will find the username to be automatically typed in place and you will only be asked to key in your password.
- Enter it and you will gain access to your Hotmail inbox.
This feature has to be activated only if you are accessing your emails from your personal computer. Never activate this feature when you are using shared or public computers to check your Hotmail emails.
Once you are inside the Hotmail inbox, you will find all the unread emails seen in bold and the number of messages that you have not read will also be indicated in the inbox. The latest and the new emails that your inbox receives will be placed at the top and emails will be arranged according to the time and date it as received. If you are looking for some email that has been sent to your inbox by your friend and you do not find it in the primary email folder, then you might find it in the junk folder. The new Hotmail inbox is neatly organized and clutter free so that you can access any email very easily. With the unique auto prompt search feature, you will be able to find emails in your inbox easily. Just type three to four characters in the mail you are looking for and the search prompt will display the search options pertaining to those characters. Nowadays, you have the option to check your Hotmail inbox from anywhere using your mobile devices. There are apps offered for various devices like Android, iOS, Windows, etc. Download the corresponding Hotmail app on your phone and use the Hotmail email service on the go.
There are millions and millions of people all over the world using the Hotmail as their primary email service. It is the oldest and one of the most popular free web-based email services and has been in operation for more than 2 decades. If you have a Hotmail account created, then signing in to the Hotmail inbox will not be an issue at all. The following are some of the steps involved to successfully login to your Hotmail account.