Today when an existing Hotmail user wishes to access their Hotmail account they are redirected to outlook domain:
- When one wishes to access their Hotmail account they would be redirected to outlook.com.
- Here they will find an integrated login panel.
- This login panel is for all members of Microsoft services that might pertain to users of Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Xbox and others.
- Here you need to start by typing in your username or email address in full.
- The next field to enter is your password.
- You can also choose to save your login details with the check box option given.
The login page has definitely changed and become a generic one for all Microsoft users. You can avail of different features and services of Microsoft with this id. The old Hotmail login details that only allowed you access to your Hotmail inbox has now been expanded to allow you access to several other services of Microsoft such as:
- You will get an account automatically with Skype with your contact details taken from your email account.
- You will get free storage space on OneDrive where you can store as well as share your files and folders.
- If you own an Xbox you can use the same ID to access Microsoft’s offerings through this portal.
Besides access to associated services of Microsoft you will also gain access to a brand new inbox and mail features. Here are some highlighted aspects of the same:
- The email inbox has a modern and intuitive layout with design features that resemble Office 365.
- You can opt for brand new themes for your inbox design and layout.
- There are new ways to organize your emails in different folders. The Clutter option allows you to move all unimportant messages to a secondary inbox and make your primary inbox clutter free.
- You can integrate your Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook contacts with your Hotmail email inbox.
- Continue conversations on the social media platforms seamlessly through your Hotmail inbox.
- You will be able to use Office tools for editing and creating documents, presentations and spreadsheets which can be mailed through your inbox.
The above features definitely make your Hotmail inbox, a new and exciting tool for email communications. With the advanced security features incorporated in the email interface you can expect less ads and spam mails coming into your email inbox. The enhanced two step verification service will allow you to secure your login process further.
In case you have problems logging into your account here are certain steps you can follow:
- Click on the option to recover your password or account details.
- You will be prompted to enter the alternate email address you had provided in order to receive a reset link.
- Once the reset link is received you can click on the same to reset your password.
- The other options lie in answering the security questions you had selected at the time of forming the account. You could also opt to receive a code in your registered phone number to get your account activated in case you are locked out of your Hotmail account.
The above ways can help you make the most of the modern login process for Hotmail accounts.
If you are an old user of Hotmail account, you would have seen the several changes that Hotmail has undergone over the years. A web based email service; it was started as a pioneering service at a time when web based email client services was a novelty. At such a time one could access email through the internet service providers and that too for a fee. With Hotmail came the freedom of opening up a free email account and being able to access your email anywhere in the world through a computer connected to the online world.
Hotmail was subsequently taken over by Microsoft and made part of the large range of offerings of this company. It was identified with MSN services for a long time, though it also provided access through an independent Hotmail domain. However, in the new millennium Microsoft started off an integration effort. In this it formed a live domain and included Hotmail in this. It then made the Outlook mail service a web based one and merged Hotmail domain with this.